Unit Manager - Complex Needs - Birmingham - £17.50p/h
38.5 hour week
We are currently looking for a passionate and experienced registered nurse to join a complex needs care home in Birmingham as a Unit Manager. The home itself has three 10 bedded units in total.
Our client is a small, purpose built, service which is part of one of the private sector's most well-known healthcare groups. The service itself provides care for young adults suffering from physical disabilities and complex needs. Those needs include neurological disorders, Huntington's disease, Autism, Asperger Syndrome and Multiple Sclerosis.
As Unit Manager, you will be expected to have a sound understanding and working knowledge of CQC standards and regulations as well as previous supervisory experience and great communication and leadership qualities.
In your role you will have the opportunity to keep your nursing skills up to date in line with revalidation whilst developing and nurturing your management abilities.
The benefits of this Unit Manager role:
- Competitive salary with annual review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Assistance with revalidation process
- Opportunities to gain additional City & Guilds qualifications
- Online benefits scheme including high street retailers
- Comprehensive training and induction
In a Unit Manager post, you will be responsible for:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing care requirements
- Providing safe and effective means for the ordering, handling, storage, recording and disposal of drugs
- Ordering clinical supplies to budget, ensuring safe storage, stock rotation and usage
- Reviewing and documenting care plans regularly
- Participating in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Deputising for the Registered Home Manager where necessary
You are required to have:
- A Nursing qualification (RGN or RMN)
- Experience in a supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of CQC regulations and requirements
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org