Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN / RMN - Drug and Alcohol Detox Clinic - King's Lynn - up to £38,000p/a
We are currently looking for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a leading substance misuse charity service in King's Lynn, Norfolk. Although mental health plays a key part within the services values the focus is oriented towards detox as opposed to rehab.
In your role as Registered General Nurse (RGN) / Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) you will play an integral part in an experienced multidisciplinary team consisting of Doctors, Recovery Workers and Peer Mentors. Each member of the team plays an essential role and provides a high level of individualised care to each patient who comes into the service. You will be competent across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge. You will have sound knowledge of the treatment journey, an understanding of the importance of long term care, and have a positive attitude towards training and development. It is preferable that you have experience working in vaccinations, including BBV, Hepatitis C Screening, ECG's, alcohol and opiate detoxification and Health Promotion.
The company offer the potential to develop and progress and support you in doing so. Team work is one of the key factors in this role and the successful individual will be expected to play their part within the dynamic of the team.
The benefits of this role include:
- Generous salary package up to £38,000 per year
- Office hours
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Relevant training and development
As a Substance Misuse Nurse working in a Detox Clinic, you will:
- Manage infections and adverse effects relating to poor injecting practice
- Handle hepatitis B vaccination and blood borne virus (BBV) testing
- Dispense, monitor and report on the effects of medicines
- Identify and manage alcohol-related liver disease
- Identify and manage alcohol-related dementia
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Registered Nurse qualification (RGN or RMN)
- Demonstrable experience or interest in substance misuse
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org