Occupational Therapist - Disabilities - Adult Social Services – Manchester - £25 - £28 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational Therapist to join an Adults Community team in Manchester. The role encompasses the assessment of service users who have disabilities.
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience within a local authority and be able to assess the needs of people with disabilities. The desired Occupational Therapist will be confident in recommending equipment and major adaptions and be able to demonstrate and assess moving and handling equipment to carers.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist role include:
- Excellent Pay Rates
- 3-month contract
- Role to start ASAP
- Full time hours
- Joining a collaboratively and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist:
- To work with people with disabilities to encourage independence and integration with the community
- To develop an understanding and increase awareness in the community of the needs of people with disabilities
- Professional supervision of Occupational Therapy Assistants
- To have an awareness of equalities issues which will be related to service provision
- To work autonomously or as part of a team
- A car driver is necessary due to the community aspect of the role
- Interact with Service Users, Carers, Families, OTAs and Surveyors
- To participate in and assist with performance appraisal, in-service training and development of Occupational Therapy/Adaptations Team
- To contribute to the delivery of highly effective Occupational Therapy Services
- Taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the Occupational Therapist's experience.
- To assess the needs of adults with a disability and families/ carers to recommend the provision of equipment, adaptations, and housing solutions options
- Utilising a range of enablement techniques
- Using evidence-based practice to consider the best outcomes
- Assessing the environment thereby maximizing and maintaining independence.
As an Occupational Therapist, you must have:
- HCPC registration
- The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org