Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN / RMN - Cat A Prison Service - Manchester - £26,000 - £29,000p/a
35 hours per week - days only
Our client is a regional health care provider specialising in substance misuse services across the North West and is looking to recruit for their Category A male prison in Manchester. If you are an experienced registered nurse (RGN or RMN) who has experience working in secure mental health or substance misuse then this is a fantastic opportunity to secure a role as a Substance Misuse Nurse.
You will need to be able to work collaboratively within your team and across the group with the drug and alcohol team to provide outstanding and innovative services, delivering the best possible outcomes for those in your care. You will work closely with offenders offering medical interventions and clinical therapies to support their journey from dependence to freedom.
This is a really exciting and rewarding role where you’ll be able to positively impact people’s future, improving their prospects and their quality of life.
- Training opportunities RCGP Course
- Pension scheme
- Innovative appraisal system
- Experienced management
- Access to Bank hours
- Free parking
Your duties as Substance Misuse Nurse within a Prison Service include:
- Pro actively identifying, diagnosing and managing treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate)
- Diagnosing and managing both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non drug-based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle
- Managing the Controlled Drugs process in line with the Standard Operating Procedure for Controlled Drugs
- Administering medication in accordance with Prison and Trust Policy Guidelines, acknowledging the importance of security within the prison environment
- Supporting blood borne virus clinics including pre screening advice and screening re: Hepatitis A & B and Hepatitis C testing
You will need to have:
- A Nursing qualification (RGN, RMN or RNLD)
- Valid NMC pin
- Experience in a Medium Secure or Substance Misuse setting/s
For more information please email email@example.com