Physiotherapist - Community Neuro Rehab - Kent - £25 per hour
We are currently looking for an experienced Physiotherapist to join a community neuro rehabilitation team in Kent. The successful Physiotherapist will undertake specialist assessments and treatment of patients within their own homes, or within the rehabilitation beds of some patients.
They are looking for a Physiotherapist who can work without direct supervision while undertaking a significant mixed caseload, while promoting patient safety and be able to manage risk. The post holder will work to improve standards of care through supervision and reflection on own practice and that of junior staff, students and Therapy Technicians.
Benefits of this Physiotherapist - Community Neuro Rehab role include:
* Community based work
* Flexible working
* Small supportive multidisciplinary team
* Ongoing contract
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Physiotherapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as a Physiotherapist - Community Neuro Rehab:
* To understand the principles underpinning Intermediate Care and to promote and work using a patient centred approach
* To plan effectively the daily management of a caseload of patients by prioritising clinical work, responding to urgent referrals and occasionally unpredictable work patterns.
* To undertake Physiotherapy (PT) assessments and provide PT interventions for patients in their own homes or the Rehabilitation Beds including those with diverse or complex presentations and multi-pathologies.
* As appropriate, to assess and treat patients jointly with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
* To be able to prioritise clinical work and managerial work and balance other patient related and professional activities as the service requires.
* To use sound clinical reasoning skills, manual assessment techniques and diagnostic procedures to assess and develop treatment programmes.
* To devise individualised PT management and / or treatment plans, using a range of treatment/ management options, to include patient education, exercise and self management.
* To evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
* To evaluate the outcomes of your interventions.
* To gather information from a variety of sources and use professional judgement when making independent decisions and to support other MDT staff, providing PT advice to other disciplines.
* To participate in appropriate work related evaluation projects and to be aware of current research relevant to the service.
* To participate in any relevant clinical governance projects and audits.
* To evaluate your own clinical effectiveness and maintain Continuing Professional Development
* To undertake and present relevant evidence based projects.
* To undertake supervision and appraisal of therapy technicians and on occasion clinical education of PT students
* To communicate effectively and appropriately with a range of colleagues, other professionals and other agencies. In addition, communicating appropriately with patients and families or carers involving occasional communication of difficult information.
* PT interventions may involve frequent manual and therapeutic handling of patients and equipment.
* Undertake other relevant tasks as directed by your manager and as the service requires.
The ideal Physiotherapist will be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy