Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care - Lambeth - £30 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the adult social care team with one of our social care clients based in Lambeth. The Successful occupational therapist will be assessing and advising on appropriate assistive technology.
The successful occupational therapist will have some experience working in a council setting. This is an initial 6-month contract with the likelihood of extension.
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care role include:
* Excellent Pay Rates
* Rewarding and varied work
* Steady Caseloads
* Access to a well-established network with adult occupational therapy services
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care:
* To undertake assessment of risk involving safeguarding of vulnerable adults/carers and their families across a range of settings.
* Taking responsibility and working with individuals facing complex social and family crisis across a range of settings
* Promoting autonomy and development with individuals who have complex needs and are more vulnerable to exclusion.
* Working with communities, individuals and families to promote their personal strengths.
* To assess, review and provide help to an individual, family or carer with complex family or social care needs,
* To carry out an assessment or enquiry and plan responses with an adult, their representative or advocate if they lack capacity,
The successful Occupational Therapist will have experience of:
* Providing professional occupational therapy services
* Undertaking and reviewing assessments of users in consultation with other health professionals.
* Providing aids and rehabilitation for people with disabilities
* On occasions designing tailor made equipment and adaptations to users' homes and provide advice on design and planning of buildings and facilities
* Assessing the needs of people as they relate to housing adaptations
* Initiating and coordinating appropriate outcomes identified in the assessment
* Reviewing services to ensure they continue to meet the identified outcomes.
* Safeguarding vulnerable adults
* Advising on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access;
* Liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers;
* Writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
* Managing a caseload, prioritising needs, and completing administrative tasks
The successful Occupational Therapist MUST have:
* HCPC registration
* Post qualified experience
* The legal right to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy