Paediatric Nurse - RSCN - Community Complex Care - Northamptonshire & Milton Keynes - up to £31,000p/a
covering Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes
We are currently looking for an experienced Paediatric Nurse with significant post registration experience to join this specialist community complex care provider. You need to have experience working in a similar role: either in a community HDU/ICU setting or from a hospital ITU or HDU background. You will be working across the Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes areas.
You will be carrying out and delivering complex care packages and need to be experienced in stoma, tracheostomy, and ventilator care. You are expected to maintain patient confidentiality at all times and pro-actively work to develop health promotion materials.
You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of clinical and theoretical developments within nursing practice and be experienced in providing clinical leadership and direction to others.
The benefits include:
- Generous salary package
- Travel allowance and petrol card
- Relevant training and development
- Support through revalidation
Your responsibilities as part of a Children's Community Care team will include:
- Providing and developing complex care packages to acutely ill patients in their home
- Educating and supporting healthcare staff and carers in providing relevant care
- Working as part of the on call rota
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervising and monitoring standards of care and taking appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensuring all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A registered children's nursing qualification
- Demonstrable experience in a HDU/ICU or a Critical Care setting
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Full & clean UK driving license
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org