Occupational Therapist - Band 7 - Acute Stroke Unit - Newham - £29 - £30 per hour
The role is to work full- time, 8:00- 4:15 and is an ongoing contract
We are currently looking for a Band 7 Occupational Therapist to join an acute stroke unit based in Newham, London. The successful Occupational Therapist will be involved in the planning, coordination and delivery of services to patients with complex acquired brain injuries.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be responsible for the clinical co-ordination of neuro navigation across acute/rehab pathway and must be experienced with neuro rehab, specifically ABI and have working experience in continuing healthcare assessments
Benefits of this Occupational Therapist - Band 7 - Acute Stroke Unit role include:
* Excellent Pay Rates including Outer London weighting
* 30 hours a week
* Complex caseloads
* Working within a collaborative MDT team of nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and other health and social care professionals
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each OccupationalTherapist you refer who we successfully place
* Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Role responsibilities as an Occupational Therapist - Band 7 - Acute Stroke Unit:
* To represent the trust externally regarding rehabilitation and long term care provided to patients with an acquired brain injury
* To contribute to the development of care pathways with other agencies in order to facilitate a seamless service for ABI patients
* To ensure the highest standard of care for patients and support other members of the ABI Team to do likewise.
* To closely monitor the quality of input delivered by the various agencies commissioned to provide a service to ABI Team patients.
* To contribute to the development and revision of ABI Service policies and procedures
* To lead on specific non-clinical duties within the team and liaise with the Clinical Manager - ABI regarding them eg. Quality improvement
* To participate in staff and service development through attendance at service meetings and in-service training sessions including participating in facilitating such events and presenting sessions as appropriate.
* Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and have the ability to implement this into every day practice
* To plan and prioritise own work, balancing patient related activities with other managerial/professional demands.
* To provide direction and supervision for the ABI Team Rehabilitation Technician.
* Close joint working and peer supervision of colleagues from the ABI Service and other teams.
* To organise and appropriately delegate work on a regular basis to other ABI Service team members
As an Occupational Therapist - Band 7 - Acute Stroke Unit you MUST be:
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
* Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
* Free DBS and compliance service
* Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
* Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
* Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
* Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
* Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
* "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
* "Find your own job" bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
* Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy