Staff Nurse - RGN - Elderly Nursing Home - Worcester - £16.50p/h
We are looking for a registered general nurse to fill a staff nurse position in an elderly nursing home just outside of Worcester, West Midlands. Our client is part of a group of services which work to provide an outstanding level of general nursing care for the elderly across the region. As one of the area's most reputable healthcare providers, all staff are supported in their professional development by a varied and comprehensive training and support program whereby progression is actively encouraged.
As the home is set on the outskirts of the town, staff and residents regularly visit local amenities or spend time enjoying the extensive gardens which have been landscaped beautifully. You will be caring for residents with a range of elderly nursing needs. The home does not specialise in dementia care but does have some residents with a dementia diagnosis.
This medium sized elderly service delivers general nursing care to 44 residents. They are looking for a nurse with experience working in a clinical care setting who is dedicated and passionate. The service provides general nursing care to elderly residents over the age of 55 who have age related nursing needs.
Benefits for this RGN role include:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive training and development
- Free parking
The role of the Staff Nurse in a Nursing Home is to:
- Deliver the highest standards of care with dignity and respect
- Develop, review and update care plans
- Comply with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensure medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures are read, understood are adhered to by all staff
- Provide clinical leadership & supervision for the healthcare staff
- Participate in the induction and training of all new staff on the unit
- Supervise and monitor standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensure all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
You will have:
- Experience in a similar setting
- A general nursing qualification (RGN)
- Current and valid registration with the NMC
- The legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org