Health and Wellbeing Nurse - RGN / RMN - Substance Misuse Clinic - Warwickshire - up to £33,000p/a
Monday - Friday, 9am until 5pm only
Our client is looking for a nurse to join their close-knit team at their substance misuse clinic in Warwickshire. They are in need a nurse with a positive attitude that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process. The service provides an alcohol liaison service, an alcohol detox service and an opiate replacement service for NHS patients.
You will be working for a national charity with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. They are looking for a skilled nurse (qualified as an RGN or RMN) with a background in substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practice nursing background.
The service provides a range of interventions including; blood borne virus screening and vaccination, clinically assisted alcohol reduction plans, community detoxification, counselling, extended brief interventions, health and wellbeing checks and hospital alcohol liaison.
The benefits of this role include:
- A competitive salary with an increase in annual leave days based on length of service
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Regular support and supervision during probationary period
- Monthly supervision after probation
- Working within a rewarding and varied role
- A supportive team environment
- The potential for personal and professional development, including internal and external training courses and time off to pursue relevant higher education qualifications
As a Substance Misuse Nurse working in a Clinic, you will:
- Manage infections and adverse effects relating to poor injecting practice
- Handle hepatitis B vaccination and blood borne virus (BBV) testing
- Dispense, monitor and report on the effects of medicines
- Identify and manage alcohol-related liver disease
- Identify and manage alcohol-related dementia
- To be an RGN or RMN
- Possession of an active UK nursing pin
- Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
For more information please email email@example.com