Occupational Therapist - Social Services - Doncaster - £30 - £34 per hour
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join a Social Services Team in Doncaster. The Short Term Enablement Team (STEPS) in Doncaster provide short term interventions for those people requiring additional care and support. The focus of the team is to enable people to regain confidence and skills they may have lost through ill health or due to a crisis and to assess the support they will need longer term.
The service is provided for up to 6 weeks, depending upon the individual's needs & abilities.
STEPS provides support within the community when an adult is finding it difficult to complete daily tasks and when an adult is leaving hospital and needs additional support to regain skills and confidence. This service is available to all Doncaster residents who meet the service criteria.
An Occupational Therapist is required to assist in strengths based assessments and ensure the focus of care is around maximising independence
The successful Occupational Therapist - Social Services will have experience of:
- Local Authority Experience
- Working within a multidisciplinary team within social services
- Advising on specialist equipment to assist with daily activities;
- Complex moving and handling
- Developing a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence;
- Advising on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access;
- Writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
- Organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients;
- training students and supervising the work of occupational therapist, OTAs and students
- Managing a caseload, prioritising needs, and completing administrative tasks
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy