Drug and Alcohol Nurse - RGN / RMN - Substance Misuse Clinic - Birmingham - up to £33,000p/a
Working hours: Monday - Friday hours, 9am – 5pm
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced RGN or RMN to join a substance misuse clinic in Birmingham. They are currently looking for a Drug and Alcohol Nurse who has a positive attitude, that is willing to learn and understand the treatment process. The service provides an Alcohol Liaison Service, an Alcohol Detox Service and an Opiate Replacement Service for NHS patients.
As a Drug and Alcohol Nurse (RGN or RMN) you will be joining a national charity with a reputation for delivering excellence in services for people with drug and alcohol dependency issues. Ideally, they are looking for a Nurse who has a background in either substance misuse, prison services or clinic/practice nursing.
The benefits of this role include:
- A competitive salary with an increase in annual leave days based on length of service
- Working hours: Monday - Friday – 9am – 5pm
- A generous contributory pension scheme
- Regular support and supervision during their probationary period and monthly supervision thereafter
- The opportunity to work within a rewarding and varied role in a supportive team environment
- The potential for personal and professional development, including internal and external training courses and time off to pursue relevant higher education qualifications.
This Substance Misuse Clinic provides a range of interventions including:
- Blood borne virus screening and vaccination
- Clinically assisted alcohol reduction plans
- Community detoxification
- Extended brief interventions
- Health and wellbeing check
- Hospital alcohol liaison.
The successful Nurse will:
- Be a first level registered Nurse (RGN or RMN)
- Possess an active UK nursing PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
- Ideally have experience in substance misuse services, whether that be drugs, alcohol or both
- Have knowledge of clinical prescribing issues
- Demonstrate knowledge of harm reduction and health promotion interventions
- Possess knowledge of the issues facing alcohol misusers including appropriate medical interventions, social care and health issues
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org