Occupational Therapist - Adults assessments - Brent - £31ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the adult social care service provision for Brent adult residents with physical disabilities.
The successful occupational therapist will have local authority experience.
The role is to cover 37 hours a week for a 6 month contract. There is the opportunity to work 5 days across 4 days with the team very accommodating with flexible working hours.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Continuing professional development
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments, reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties whilst taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations
- To prepare and revise care plans
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service users needs.
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out
- ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
- To ensure that all Health& Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
- To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of…
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and liaising with other professionals such as partners of the council and Health departments
- Experience of major adaptations, reablement, gain programs, and moving and handling assessments
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to training
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy