Occupational Therapist - Children with Disabilities - East Midlands - £24-£30ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join a Children with Disabilities Team in the East Midlands. This role will include assisting the disabled in independent living within the community, so that maximum independence in the physical, psychological, social and economic aspects of life are achieved. This role also includes providing and maintaining high standards of professional practice in the area of Occupational Therapy service.
Benefits of this role:
- Ongoing contract
- Free DBS and Compliance check
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Duties of this Occupational Therapy role include:
- Assisting disable people in independent living within the community, so that maximum independence in the physical, psychological, social and economic aspects of life are achieved. Providing and maintaining high standards of professional practice in the Area of Occupational Therapy service.
- Provide appropriate services for disabled child and adults. This will include visiting or advising on the need for occupational therapy services and assessing individual’s needs in relation to their full participation in the community.
- Make recommendations on of furthering the client’s independence, including any necessary domestic adaptations and the issue of personal aids.
- Maintain good relationships with other staff and agencies in order to ensure the provision of a high standard and co-ordinated service delivery to disabled service users and their carers.
- Provide a support service for service users across the Department in consultation with Service Managers and heads of establishments.
- Provide professional support and advice to colleague Occupational Therapists and other staff both within area offices and other outlets of the Department.
- Keep up to date with the current developments in Occupational Therapy and other relevant issues and to ensure that area colleagues are informed.
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of service and endeavouring to ensure that they are known, and appropriate to all sections of the community
You will need to be:
- Qualified as an OT
- Eligible to work in the UK
- HCPC registered
- UK driving license
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our training
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy