RGN or RMN - Community Drug and Alcohol Recovery - Eastbourne, East Sussex – Up to £32,500 per annum
Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm working hours
We are seeking to appoint specialist nurses (RGN or RMN qualified) to join our client's multi-disciplinary team offering specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Eastbourne, East Sussex Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system.
This will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
Whether you're looking to gain experience in a new field, or you already work in addiction or you would like the opportunity to lead a clinical team, we would love to hear from you.
The benefits of this RGN or RMN - Community Drug and Alcohol Recovery role include:
- Competitive pay rates
- Recruitment and retention bonus of up to £2,000 for H&W Nurses and £5,000 for Lead Nurses
- Opportunity to work in an exciting sector
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent induction, training and development opportunities
- Accredited professional development
Key responsibilities as an RGN or RMN - Community Drug and Alcohol Recovery:
- Offer testing for blood borne viruses and provide appropriate pre and post-test discussions.
- Provide health promotion and harm reduction advice and screening; this includes providing blood borne virus, management, vaccination and referral to specialist services.
- Work as part of the nursing team to improve health and promote recovery. This will include supporting service users' detoxification from alcohol and drugs.
- Titration, stabilisation, reduction and detoxification of opiate replacement therapy.
- Undertake general healthcare assessments and make onward referrals and recommendations as necessary.
- Undertake ECG's as directed.
- Adhere to Patient Group Directions and ensure requirements on updating are maintained.
- Work alongside the Lead Clinician or Nurse Prescriber to plan and implement individual community detoxification programmes to ensure safety and optimise outcomes.
- Contribute to the development and review of recovery/treatment plans.
- Ensure that procedures are constantly reviewed to promote evidenced based best practice in accordance with UK Guidelines on Clinical Management, NICE Guidance and clinical protocols, procedures and policies.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and national guidelines on medicines management.
- Maintain a current knowledge of up to date interventions as appropriate to the service.
- Ensure all data requirements are maintained and collated within agreed time frames.
- Engage proactively with both line management and clinical supervision.
- Develop effective relationships with stakeholders and partnership agencies.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health & Safety Policies and ensure that risk is managed appropriately within the service.
- Attend meetings appropriate to the development and maintenance of the role under the direction of the Clinical Team Leader.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced nurse (RMN or RGN) to join a pioneering team. Essential requirements are as follows, you will be/have:
- Nurse qualified (RMN or RGN) with an active UK Nursing PIN
- Proven post qualifying experience within Mental Health / General Nursing
- Clean Driving Licence
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org