Band 6 Occupational Therapist - Inpatient Mental Health - Essex - £25 - £26p/h
Immediate start - weekdays only
We are currently looking for a band 6 older people's mental health occupational therapist. The successful candidate will join Essex's acute inpatient and day therapy services to provide occupational therapy to service users and their carers. The occupational therapist will follow the OT care pathway by undertaking effective assessment, intervention and discharge planning.
You will be working in conjunction with occupational therapists on the other wards, the band 3 technical instructors and the ward multi-disciplinary team, to plan, develop and evaluate the OT and multi-disciplinary services provided.
Benefits of this OT role include:
- Immediate start
- Weekdays only
- 3 month initial contract
- Excellent rates of pay
- Treating a variety of different patient needs
- Working in a proactive and collaborative team
- Fast paced environment
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Your responsibilities as a band 6 mental health OT include:
- Managing a caseload of service users with complex mental health needs, taking on the role of Care Co-ordinator and/or vocational lead where relevant
- Working with service users to identify OT goals as part of the multi-disciplinary care plan, using specialist mental health & OT assessment tools & treatment techniques
- Working with service users in a variety of settings in order to provide the most effective assessment & interventions
- Planning & implementing service user led individual and/or group interventions, using graded activity to achieve therapeutic goals
- Ensuring service users health, social, cultural and spiritual needs are considered at all times
- Assessing for and providing equipment to enhance independence in daily living skills for service users with a physical disability in addition to their mental health needs
- Monitoring, evaluating and modifying home and day treatment in order to measure progress and identify outcomes
- Managing effective discharge ensuring service user and all relevant agencies are given relevant information
- Contributing to and carrying out risk assessment & risk management plans
- To be qualified as an Occupational Therapist
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- HCPC registration
- At least some experience within a mental health setting as an OT
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our training
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
For more information please email email@example.com
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.