Occupational Therapist - January Start - Community - North London - £30-£34ph
We are currently working with a number of our Social Services clients to identify candidates to join their teams in the New Year. This is an opportunity to secure a position before Christmas, but to begin at an agreed start date in January or early February.
The successful candidates will have previous social services experience.
Benefits of this role include:
- New Year start dates
- Excellent pay rates
Duties of this role include:
- To be responsible for and manage a caseload, ensuring casework is carried out in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- To assess and advise service users and their informal carers on all aspects of their daily life, under the Care Act 2014. To assess and make recommendations, as appropriate under the 1996 Housing, Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act.
- To work with service users to identify and set goals to increase their independence and prevent the need for longer term services, ensuring the person's well being.
- To advise on methods of overcoming problems of daily living by using new techniques e.g. to assist with dressing, bathing, cooking, involving carers/family where appropriate.
- To adjust the environment to suit the service user's needs by recommending and ordering appropriate and cost effective equipment and/or minor adaptations to the home, in accordance with relevant Occupational Therapy policies and procedures.
- To demonstrate and instruct the service user ands his/her family and carers in the correct use and maintenance of equipment and adaptations provided.
- To liaise with health, social service and voluntary sector colleagues and other relevant agencies in order to provide continuity of care.
- To make written recommendations in respect of special housing needs and to advise service users as to the suitability of housing offers in relation to their disability.
As an Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll