RGN or RMN – Non-Medical Prescriber – Community Substance Misuse – Coventry – Up to £37,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
I am currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity in Coventry in a community based recovery service for those affected by alcohol and substance misuse. This is a Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm based role.
My client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic RGN or RMN, who is also a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber (NMP) to join their strong team of nurses.
They are looking to appoint an experienced Non-Medical Prescriber to join their multi-disciplinary team offering specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system. This will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
This is a great opportunity for an RGN or RMN who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user. The post holder will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols. The individual should demonstrate skills to ensure that the care delivered, is specific and evidence based, adhering to service user's needs and will be required to hold a small caseload.
The benefits of this RGN or RMN – Non-Medical Prescriber role include:
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunity to work in an exciting sector
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent induction, training and development opportunities
- Accredited professional development
The role of RGN or RMN – Non-Medical Prescriber will include:
- To provide a safe, effective and evidence based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
- To work in collaboration with clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
- To support service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
- Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
- Physical and medical assessments
- Risk assessments
- Client case management
- Administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
- Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical
The successful candidate for this RGN or RMN – Non-Medical Prescriber position will have:
- A Registered Nurse ( RMN or RGN ) qualification
- A current registration with the NMC (RMN or RGN) and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
- Non-Medical Prescriber Qualification
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org