Occupational Therapist - Community - South London - £34- £38ph
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Adult Social Care team with one of our clients in Croydon. The successful occupational therapist will be joining a multidisciplinary team to undertake and review moving and handling assessments within the community.
The team aims to increase and restore patients independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities. This will require strong experience of community care, single handed care, moving and handling, equipment and adaptations.
The successful occupational therapist will be working, Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm for an initial 3 month contract with the likelihood of it being ongoing
*You do not need to be a car driver for this position*
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Undertake OT specialist assessments ( manual handling and major adaptations)
- Manage, plan, prioritise and progress cases of high complexity, seeking support and suggesting resolutions for workload difficulties with due regard to service standards, targets and timescales.
- Use expert knowledge and skills to develop and advise on rehabilitation plans, promoting choice and independence, as well as advising on the need for adaptations which will promote the independence of disabled people.
- Experience of assessing, supplying, reviewing and demonstrating safe use of equipment, adaptations and telecare to support individuals' independence.
- Support service users and their carers during assessment, support planning and review to identify and purchase aids, assisted technology and adaptations and to fit, adjust and demonstrate their use within the person's home where appropriate.
- High level of knowledge of health and social care processes and responsibilities in line with the Care Act 2014.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of….
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy