Occupational Therapist - Learning Disabilities - Adult Social Services - £28- £32ph -West London
We require occupational therapists who have local authority experience in undertaking specialist occupational assessments and reviews of individuals with complex disability needs, maximising their independence in daily living by completing intervention plans and making recommendations using a person-centred approach.
This is one of the highest paying roles in London and offers the potential to join a vibrant and supportive multi-disciplinary team.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rate
- Multi-disciplinary team
- Full time hours
- Joining a collaboratively and friendly multidisciplinary team
The role will require you to initiate, maintain and review client-focused rehabilitation/habilitation programmes for clients and act as an autonomous practitioner by:
- Using specialist skills in area of Learning Disabilities to assess and implement individual occupational therapy plans, establish treatment goals and plan occupational therapy intervention in consultation with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and other services as appropriate
- Administering specialist occupational therapy standardised assessments
- Providing specialist clinical advice to clients with learning disabilities, families and carers, being able to communicate complex information with empathy and reassurance
- Develop the work skills, vocation and supported employment opportunities in borough for people with learning disabilities in partnership with other agencies
- Joint working with the BLDS integrated health and social care team, including input into a multidisciplinary assessments and joint treatment approaches
- Participate in the MDT Care pathways such as Challenging behaviours and Complex Care
- Referring on to other agencies when appropriate
- Keeping accurate and adequate records and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained in line with professional and local guidance and standards
- Carrying out home and clinic visits, liaising with families or carers and writing reports and discharge summaries as needed
- Taking into account the latest evidence-based practice and published research
- Working in line with national Trust and local standards, protocols and procedure
- Collaborative and consultative working with mainstream services to improve access to mainstream health services for people with learning disability
- Undertaking service user eligibility assessments
As an Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy