Paediatric Nurse - RSCN - Children's Community Complex Care - Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes - up to £36,000p/a
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Paediatric Nurse (Children's Nurse) with significant post qualified experience to join a specialist community complex care provider. You will have experience working in a similar role: in a community HDU/ICU setting or from a hospital ITU or HDU background. You will be working across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes so must have a valid UK driving license and own vehicle.
As a Paediatric Community Complex Care Nurse (RSCN) you will be assessing, planning and providing complex care packages to meet the needs of the patients in your care. These will include those who need care in areas such as: stoma, tracheostomy, and ventilator, amongst others. You will be expected to maintain patient confidentiality at all times and pro-actively work to develop health promotion materials.
You will be expected to have a thorough understanding of clinical and theoretical developments within nursing practice and be experienced in providing clinical leadership and direction to others. You will be able to work both autonomously and collaboratively to consistently deliver high quality care.
The benefits of this Community Nurse (RSCN) role include:
- Generous salary package
- Tracel allowance and petrol card
- Relevant training and development
- Support through re-validation
Responsibilities of a Paediatric Complex Nurse are:
- Providing and delivering complex care packages to acutely ill patients in their home
- Educating and supporting healthcare staff and carers in providing relevant care
- Working as part of the on call rota
- Complying with all legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines
- Ensuring medicines are appropriately received, stored and administered
- Supervising and monitoring standards of care and take appropriate action to improve standards when required
- Ensuring all clinical documentation is well maintained and filed in the appropriate places
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Qualified children's nurse with relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience in HDU/ICU or a Critical Care setting
- Current and valid registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK
- Full & Clean UK driving license
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org