Occupational Therapist - Adults Community - Merseyside - £25-30ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join a community team based in Merseyside. The role requires similar relevant experience and offers the potential of a stable long term contract within a supportive and well managed team. The service encompasses the assessment for residents of any age with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Continuing professional development
- Community based role
- A chance to build experience in major adaptations, reablement and moving and handling risk assessments
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments, reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties whilst taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations
- To prepare and revise care plans
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service user's needs.
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out
- Ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
- To ensure that all Health& Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
- To advise Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
The candidate will be…
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Car driver desirable but not mandatory
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy