Occupational Therapist - Moving and Handling - Central London - £32- £35ph
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Adult Social Care team with one of our clients in Central London. The successful occupational therapist will be joining a multidisciplinary team to undertake and review moving and handling assessments.
The team aims to increase and restore patient's independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities. This will require strong experience of community care, single handed care, moving and handling, equipment and adaptations.
9am- 5pm, potentially flexible hours will be offered.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Prepare sketches, read plans and provide detailed specifications for major works.
- Experience of assessing, supplying, reviewing and demonstrating safe use of equipment, adaptations and telecare to support individuals' independence.
- Support service users and their carers during assessment, support planning and review to identify and purchase aids, assisted technology and adaptations and to fit, adjust and demonstrate their use within the person's home where appropriate.
- High level of knowledge of health and social care processes and responsibilities in line with the Care Act 2014.
- Experience of working with vulnerable service users and carers with complex needs in order to assess their circumstances and support them to make informed decisions and choices.
- Demonstrate evidence-based decision making.
- Demonstrate an in depth level of knowledge and experience of working with relevant physical health and/or mental health conditions that impact upon service users and carers.
- Experience of assessing and manage risk, balancing rights and responsibilities of service users and carers.
- Demonstrate use of professional judgement in understanding and applying the safeguarding standards that underpin all safeguarding activity.
- Ability to assess in relation to the Mental Capacity Act.
- Current practice and knowledge of health and social care legislation.
- Evidence the ability to reflect and learn from own behaviour and feedback, identifying impact of actions on others and improving practice.
- Personal and professional demeanour which generates credibility and confidence
- To take responsibility for own decisions on routine work and recognise the need to contribute and support service and management decisions.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of….
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy