Adult Social Care - Occupational Therapist - Yorkshire - £28-£32ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the adult social care team with one of our clients in Yorkshire.
Under the general direction of a Team Manager, and with support from Senior Occupational Therapists, provide a high quality and comprehensive Occupational Therapy (OT) service to adults, children and young people, carers and the community in accordance with the organisational needs, policy and practices of the Directorate and within statutory guidelines
- Undertake a range of complex Occupational Therapy assessments (including re-enablement assessments) with an occupational focus and the aim of reducing barriers to inclusion
- Take responsibility for care planning for the whole process
- Manage a caseload and regularly monitor, review and evaluate changes in an individual's needs, ensuring that all services contribute and resources are used effectively
- Organise work activities, planning and prioritising as necessary to ensure statutory requirements and service priorities are met
- Complete moving and handling and hoist training. Apply it to assessments and advice and training provided to service users, carers and staff as required
- Carry out moving and handling risk assessments and make recommendations for specific equipment and/or specialist services as appropriate, to manage and reduce risks
- Work within the legislative framework to make recommendations for complex adaptations that reduce environmental barriers, to improve the quality of life for all types of service user
- Carry out the enhanced screening of new referrals, and people already in receipt of services
- Develop, implement and review outcome focussed Occupational Therapy intervention to meet assessed needs and promote independent well-being and inclusion.
- Identify specialist housing needs and support people into suitable housing/adaptations
- Deliver, fit and collect equipment, moving and handling it as required
- Maintain accurate and up to date case notes and other records and write reports as required
- Appropriately participate in meetings and relevant forums.
- Comply with and contribute to safeguarding investigations in line with legislative requirements and Multi-agency Safeguarding procedures. Assess and manage risks and identify options
- Use management information systems, keep information up to date and be able to provide concise and accurate information in line with data protection requirements
- Provide written and verbal reports based on analysis of complex evidence, for example, recommendations for major adaptations and specialist/bespoke equipment
- Work to and within the prescribed standards of the College of Occupational Therapists
Skills & experience:
- Communicating effectively, accurately and concisely in all formats and with all stakeholders
- Engaging individuals, families, carers and workers from other agencies
- Identifying appropriate Occupational Therapy interventions to promote positive change
- Carrying out OT assessments and developing and implementing positive outcomes
- Assessing needs and working with individuals and groups using a person centred approach
- Devising, implementing, reviewing and evaluating service and support plans
- Maintaining accurate service user records and following policy and procedure
- Using technology to record, evidence and communicate
- Exercising individual judgement, assessing risk and consulting as appropriate
- Carrying out safe functional assessment and giving physical assistance where necessary
- Moving and handling equipment for assessment and provision
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy