Occupational Therapist - West London - Social Services - £35ph
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Adult Social Care team with one of our clients in West London.
The team aims to increase and restore patient's independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities. This will require strong experience of community care, moving and handling, equipment and minor adaptations.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rate
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- The ability to triage, moving and handling skills, Major Adaptations experience.
- Knowledge of Care Act 2014. To assess and make recommendations, as appropriate under the 1996 Housing, Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act.
- Work with Community Independence Assistants
- Advise on methods of overcoming problems of daily living
- To adjust the environment to suit the service user's needs by recommending and ordering appropriate and cost effective equipment and/or minor adaptations
- Participation in the Duty System.
- To undertake duty visits as needed and organise urgent intervention including care packages.
- Liaise with the Department of Environmental Health and external agencies with regard to the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants, if required.
- To make full use of Information Technology systems i.e. Personal Index, Frameworki, Word, E-mail, Power Point, Intranet /Internet and to undertake further training as necessary.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of….
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy