RGN – Non-Medical Prescriber – Community Substance Misuse – Cambridgeshire - Minimum £36,500 per annum – negotiable depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
I am currently recruiting for an exciting new opportunity in Cambridgeshire within a community based recovery service for those affected by Alcohol and Substance Misuse. This is a Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm based role covering 2 services.
My client is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) who is also a qualified Non-Medical Prescriber ( NMP ) to join their strong team of nurses.
This is an excellent opportunity for an RGN – Non-Medical Prescriber to join a multi-disciplinary team offering specialist prescribing services, rapid access to assessment, responsive titration and a range of clinical and psychosocial interventions to people entering the Drug and Alcohol Recovery Service through referral, open access or the criminal justice system. This will include BBV testing, vaccinations, ECG's and support through alcohol and opiate detoxification.
They are looking for someone who has an in-depth knowledge of the issues affecting people with substance misuse and experience of coordinating interventions with the service user. The Non-Medical Prescriber will need to be comfortable with the recovery principles in addictions, ITEP and NICE guidance on detoxification and stabilisation protocols. The individual should demonstrate skills to ensure that the care delivered, is specific and evidence based, adhering to service user's needs and will be required to hold a small caseload.
The benefits of this RGN – Non-Medical Prescriber role include:
- Competitive pay rates
- Opportunity to work in an exciting sector
- Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm working hours
- Company Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Excellent induction, training and development opportunities
- Accredited professional development
The role of the RGN – Non-Medical Prescriber will include:
- To provide a safe, effective and evidence based care and interventions for service users and clinical interventions for alcohol and substance misuse assisted withdrawal
- To work in collaboration with clinical lead, Consultant Psychiatrist, nurses to aid in the safe delivery of Alcohol and Substance Misuse detox and assisted withdrawal services
- To support service users affected by alcohol and substance misuse to achieve and sustain their recovery
- Admissions assessments and detox prescribing
- Physical and medical assessments
- Risk assessments
- Client case management
- Administration and distribution of Medication and Controlled Drugs
- Overseeing the wellbeing of client's recovery from a psychosocial perspective as well as medical
The successful RGN – Non-Medical Prescriber for this Nurse position will have:
- A Registered Nurse ( RGN ) qualification
- A current registration with the NMC ( RGN ) and a legal right to work in the UK
- Experience in a similar clinical role within a substance misuse environment
- Non-Medical Prescriber Qualification
For more information please email email@example.com