Occupational Therapist - Adult Social Care - Central London - £32ph
We are currently looking for an experienced occupational therapist to join the Adult Social Care team with one of our clients in Central London. The successful occupational therapist will be joining a multidisciplinary team.
The team aims to increase and restore patient's independence by providing long term support to service users. This is a community based role for clients that include vulnerable adults with disabilities. This will require strong experience of community care, moving and handling, equipment and minor adaptations.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To carry out occupational therapy assessments of service users living in the community
- Identify their needs for and provision of adaptations and equipment.
- To contribute to the delivery of highly effective Occupational Therapy Services
- Taking responsibility for working and managing a caseload within a framework of appropriate supervision, dependent upon the complexities of these cases and the Occupational Therapist's experience.
- To assess the needs of adults with a disability and families/ carers to recommend the provision of equipment, adaptations, and housing solutions options
- Utilising a range of enablement techniques
- Using evidence based practice to consider the best outcomes
- Assessing the environment thereby maximizing and maintaining independence.
- As a senior for the Occupational Therapy Service you will be responsible providing an effective, customer focused, and fully accessible first point of contact service for Adult Social Care.
- Act as the focal point for expert advice and guidance on equipment assessments for disabled people and their carers and be responsible for all assessments and their outcomes.
- Responsible for identifying complex cases which require longer term intervention and referring these to the OT service in the Adult Services Division.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of….
- Good knowledge and understanding of legislation
- Working in a community setting
- Rehabilitation and assessments experience
- Intermediate care practice
- Falls management skills
- Knowledge of the current policies toward Safeguarding, Risk Assessment/Management and choice and control
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy