Senior Practitioner - Occupational Therapist - Older People/ Disabilities - South London- £35- £40ph
We are currently looking for a senior practitioner of Occupational Therapy to join the team with one of our social services clients in South London.
The successful Occupational Therapist will support the manager, team and service by providing professional leadership within an integrated service. Deputise for the team manager as required. Assist with overall responsibility within the team for assessment, care/support planning and review of people with a range of needs and their carers, working within a multi-disciplinary framework.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Easily accessible on public transport
- Enablement and home rehabilitation
- Working within a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Supporting the managers and leading the team
- Coaching , mentoring and supporting OTs, OTAs and OT students
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Undertake the legal and statutory duties of the post as required by the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Mental Health Act and any other relevant legislation.
- To lead, support and work collaboratively with health colleagues to ensure people are discharged from hospital within agreed timeframes and with appropriate support mechanisms in place.
- Ensure people receive the required health and social care support within the community, prevent hospital admission and pro-actively work with the principles of admission avoidance.
- Support people to maintain their independence within their home and the community by ensuring an asset based approach is used within assessments and support planning.
- Have specialist knowledge of a range of complex equipment, to enable service users to be safe and independent whilst complying with relevant legislation and guidance.
- Take a clinical lead on facilitating major adaptations to people's homes through consultation with service users, housing department, environmental health services, builder and other professionals as appropriate. Promote and deliver new ways of working and evidence based practice within the service
As an Occupational Therapist you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of Allied Health positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each worker you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy