Occupational Therapist - Discharge to Assess - Islington - £35ph
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Discharge to assess team with one of our clients in Islington.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be working within a fixed term contract to support hospital discharges by looking after people when they have been discharged from hospital or to prevent unnecessary admission, as well as seeing patients at home to reduce their level of dependence on either formal or informal care.
You will be expected to liaise closely with your colleagues within the Reablement Team as well as other community teams in both health and social care sectors, and with counterparts at the local Trust. A car driver is not required, and this role is for 36 hours per week. NHS experience preferred but not essential
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Deeply rewarding and varied work
- A chance to develop and implement change
- No car driver required
- Working within a multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
- To work flexibly and assist in effective and efficient delivery of the service.
- Supporting hospital discharges
- Functional assessments in home environment
- Falls prevention environmental assessment
- Stairs assessment
- Equipment Prescription
- Developing Reablement care plans
- To select and apply occupational therapy assessments for a designated caseload, addressing occupational performance and skill deficits, enabling patients in the areas of productivity, self and leisure.
- Act in accordance to legislation and policies
- Work as an active member of the team attending team meetings and contributing to systems and procedures
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy