We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the community team in West London. The role encompasses the assessment of service users with the aim of increasing their independence at home. This is a community post so a car driver would be required.
The successful occupational therapist will have previous post qualified experience and have experience in a community setting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise a minimum of two Occupational Therapists, Occupational Therapy Assistants and students and other staff members as required, keeping manager informed.
- To undertake performance reviews, set targets and objectives for supervised staff, keeping manager informed.
- To allocate work and give advice and support through joint visits with the Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants as necessary.
- To participate in the recruitment and selection of Occupational Therapists and Assistants as required.
- To attend and contribute to Occupational Therapy Management Meetings.
- To provide operational cover and service wide authorisation to the OT Teams, for the OT Team Leader in cases of sickness, training or other commitments.
- To contribute to and participate in the planning and review of departmental policies.
- To assess and advise the users on all aspects of their daily life, under the 1970 Chronically Sick and Disabled Persons Act, the 1986 Disabled Persons ( Services, Consultation and Representation) Act, the 1989 Children Act, the 1990 National Health Service and Community Care Act, the 1995 Disability Discrimination Act and the 1996 Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act.
- To take part in the Occupational Therapy Duty System.
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy