Occupational Therapist - Adult - Community - Middlesex - £30- £32ph
Excellent Pay rates- Winter pressures role- long contract- Potential for parking permit- Part- time or full- time
We are currently looking for an Occupational therapist to join the Adults Disabilities team within Middlesex. The role encompasses the assessment of service users with a disability to undertake and review assessments in consultation with other health professionals.
The successful Occupational Therapist will provide a specialist assessment service for Brent residents of any age with substantial physical disabilities in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria. In conjunction with the service user formulate a plan to enhance their independence either by rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations. The needs of the carer will also be carefully considered.
Our client is keen to hear from applications with previous post qualified experience and have experience of providing aid and rehabilitation for clients with a disability.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- Great working Hours
- Joining a collaborative and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To directly manage in accordance with department procedures a caseload of service users as allocated by the OT Team Manager.
- To visit people with substantial disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To prepare and revise care plans in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To make written recommendations to Housing Associations for adaptations.
- To work with surveyors from housing departments, housing associations and external Architects to design major adaptations and monitor the adaptation installation to ensure that the works meet service users needs.
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out, using the department's policy, procedure and standards on case work recording.
- To ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
- To ensure that all Health& Safety requirements are met throughout the implementation of any work plan.
- To produce reports on the functional needs of service users where appropriate e.g for re-housing, employment.
- To respond to and where possible to resolve complaints within the Borough's complaint procedure.
- To work with other statutory agencies and voluntary and private sector to facilitate an effective service delivery.
- To access appropriate assistance where language difficulties present problems in care management.
- To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience of…
- Basic awareness of safeguarding
- Writing reports and reviewing ongoing treatment
- Managing a caseload and prioritising needs
- Knowledge of relevant legislation appropriate to disability services
- Able to work independently
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy