Newly Qualified Nurse – RGN - Scrub Nurse - NHS Hospital – Bristol - £22,000 to £28,700 per annum
Additional funding for qualifications including anesthetics is also available.
We are currently recruiting for a Newly Qualified Nurse ( RGN ) who has a keen interested in starting their nursing career within a scrub setting.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you’re an RGN who is looking to start their nursing career within the NHS. This NHS Hospital is able to support nurses of all levels of experience with fantastic training provided in simulation rooms.
As a Scrub Nurse ( RGN ) you will scrub and treat patients in a wide variety of surgical procedures and full training and support is given.
The benefits of this Newly Qualified Nurse – RGN - Scrub Nurse role include:
- Supportive management and team
- Additional funding for qualifications available
- Training and development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities
Job Duties as a Newly Qualified Nurse – RGN - Scrub Nurse:
- Ensure skilled care is given to patients either by themselves or junior staff within the department or outside areas
- To maintain standard documentation in accordance with the NMC Standards for Records and Record Keeping
- Able to identify the specific perioperative needs of patients undergoing a variety of surgeries.
- To act as Scrub nurse for a variety of specialities carried out within the department as directed.
- To act as circulating nurse for a variety of surgical specialities
- Plan, implement and evaluate patient care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of patients, their relatives and staff in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Ensure all equipment is cleaned, checked daily and maintained and take appropriate action in regards to faulty equipment as per Trust policy
- Participate in the ordering and training of new equipment
- Take responsibility for ensuring safe lifting techniques when assisting in the movement and lifting of patients and equipment
- Report to the Team Leader/Clinical Coordinator accidents, incidents and complaints and drug deficiencies affecting patients, staff, supplies and services
- Assist in maintaining the accurate collection of data in relation to theatre in order that statistics may be accurately compiled.
- Participate in audit and research
- Ensure the economical use of resources.
- Development of own and others professional practice in line with personal development plan
As a Newly Qualified Nurse – RGN - Scrub Nurse, you must have:
- A Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) qualification
- NMC PIN and the legal right to work in the UK
For more information please email email@example.com