Prison Nurse - RGN – Band 5 - Adult Male Category C Prison Service - HMP Risley - Warrington - Up to £26 per hour
Days & Nights – 7 days a week cover needed / Various Shift patterns needed
This role is on going
I am currently looking for a Band 5 Prison Nurse ( RGN ) to work within an adult male category C Prison service in HMP Risley in Warrington.
You must have prison clearance for this role and also experience within a challenging prison setting.
Benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN - Adult Male Category C Prison Service role include:
- Rate of pay up to £26ph depending on experience and payment vehicle
- Free uniforms
- Essential training provided
- Long term contracts on offer
- Flexible working hours; full time and part time available
As a Prison Nurse, your duties include:
- Assist in the promotion, monitoring and development of evidence based primary health care services, and monitor the work of others providing services to the population.
- Provide an emergency first line response service in emergency situations daily within the prison environment.
- Maintain clinical credibility in order to remain updated and influence the practice of others.
- Attend meetings associated with your area of responsibility and in the absence of or at the request of the HCC Manager.
- Demonstrate a willingness to develop professionally and contribute to the delivery of the NSFs to the practice population.
- Promote and support multidisciplinary and interagency working throughout the delivery of healthcare, understanding the contribution of others in the wider prison system.
- Assist the primary care Manager in the development, implementation, of policies and standards and procedures.
- Administer medications as prescribed according to NMC guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, and monitoring of Clinical Governance and quality assurance.
- Support the continuous personal development and training of all healthcare staff.
- Participate in clinical supervision.
- Initiate and participate in research and clinical audit ensure compliance with prison healthcare and NSF standards.
The Ideal Prison Nurse - RGN - Adult Male Category C Prison Service will have:
- Current NMC registration
- Post – registration experience
- Previous experience in a prison setting and Prison Clearance
- Evidence of professional development
- Non-judgemental approach towards all individuals
- Flexibility to work shift patterns on a 24-hour rotational basis in response to the needs of the prison including nights/weekends/bank holidays
- Evidence of good communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to prioritise and meet goals with tight deadlines
As a Prison Nurse - Registered Nurse RGN you will have:
- UK Registered Nurse NMC PIN
- Diploma level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development
Why Liquid Personnel?
- New ‘Faster Pay’ service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org