Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Substance Misuse - Manchester - £24, 000 – £29,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
I am currently looking for an RGN or RMN to take on a Prison Nurse position in Manchester.
As a Prison Nurse, your main duties will be to provide nursing care for patients accessing specialist substance misuse services in HMPs to include treatment, harm reduction, BBV testing, screening and patient education.
Experience in drug and alcohol or substance misuse is essential for this position.
The benefits of this Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN role include:
- Annual grow appraisals
- Non-Medical Prescriber Course
- 27 holidays plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Financial education
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Leadership Programme
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure a high standard of clinical care for patients under your management and support other members of the team to do likewise.
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care.
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate treatment/interventions and care for patients presenting with substance misuse issues.
- Proactively identify, diagnose and manage treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition (as appropriate).
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug based treatment methods into a recovery plan via a regular audit cycle.
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a busy team
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN you will have:
- UK Registered Nurse NMC PIN
- Diploma level or equivalent
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development