Lead Nurse - RGN or RMN - Prison Services - South East London – Up to £43,223 per annum
Shifts: Monday to Friday working 9am - 5pm
We are currently looking for a Lead Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to cover 3 prison services in South East London.
The Lead Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) will be responsible for leading and supervising a team of nurses across three prison services in South East London. As directed by the Locality Lead and Clinical Services Coordinator, the post holder will provide a nurse-led clinical service.
It is not essential that you have experience within substance misuse but you must be able to demonstrate your interest in the field of nursing and show how you have worked to gain experience, transferrable skills, and how you have come to be interested in drug and alcohol recovery services. Previous experience in a senior position is essential
The benefits of this Lead Nurse - RGN or RMN - Prison Services role include:
- Generous salary package up to £43,223 per annum
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Thorough induction
- Excellent training and development opportunities
As a Lead Nurse - RGN or RMN - Prison Services, your main duties will include:
- Assessing clients and developing risk management plans
- Screening for BBV
- Delivering vaccinations
- Dispensing Naloxone
- Advising clients on medication and substance misuse, and enabling them to access medical care
- Review medication regimes and assist in the process of referrals for post-treatment recovery support.
Working across three busy detox units in the respected prison services, you will be leading an established and experienced team who work to provide a high level of attention to all patients in their care.
As a Lead Nurse - RGN or RMN - Prison Services, you must have/be:
- An RGN or RMN qualification and NMC PIN
- The legal right to work in the UK
- Competent across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge
- Preferable that you have experience working in vaccinations, including BBV, Hepatitis C Screening, ECG's, alcohol and opiate detoxification and Health Promotion.