Unit Manager - RGN, RMN, RNLD - Nursing Home - Barnsley, South Yorkshire - £33,404 per annum
Full Time - Days Only - 44 hours per week
Do you want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society?
If so… this company will offer you the chance to become part of a great team!
This vacancy is based in the Barnsley, South Yorkshire area. The company is the leader provider in enriching the lives of the elderly. This service is a 20 bed home for adults with mental health problems or complex behavioural issues.
As a Unit Manager with this leading client, you will take the role of a senior nurse on duty and have responsibility for a team of nursing and care staff. You will lead by example, delivering hands-on nursing care and providing strong leadership to your team.
As a Unit Manager - RGN, RMN, RNLD, you will benefit from:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
As a Unit Manager - RGN, RMN, RNLD:
- You will be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to our customers.
- You will directly lead and supervise a team of support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, assessing, prioritising, planning, delegating and monitoring work activities of the support team.
- On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Working with the MDT to ensure that care provided is appropriate and relevant to the individual's care package
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Maintain cost effective controls of all clinical supplies (including ordering, storage, stock rotation and correct usage)
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
- Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Deputising for the Registered Manager as necessary
- Report all compliments , comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
To be successful in this Unit Manager - RGN, RMN, RNLD role you will need:
- To be a registered nurse, (RGN/RMN/RNLD) and hold a current registration with NMC.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice.
- Experience of providing direct personal and social support (experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required.