Staff Nurse - RGN or RMN - Dementia & Complex Care - Leeds - £17 per hour
Full Time - Nights Only - 36 Hours per week
This vacancy is based in the Leeds area. The company is the leader provider in enriching the lives of ? the elderly this service is a 64 bed home for older adults with dementia or complex. The residents often are suffering from Dementia or Alzheimer's.
As an RGN or RMN, you will be responsible and accountable for providing the highest standards of nursing, clinical and personal support, while promoting independence and choice to our customers. You will directly lead and supervise a team of support staff to ensure the smooth and efficient management of the shift, assessing, prioritising, planning, delegating and monitoring work activities of the support team.
As a Staff Nurse, you will benefit from:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
On a day to day basis, you will have clinical, people and general management responsibilities and these will include:
- Conducting pre-admission assessments, assessing client care requirements
- Provide safe and effective processes for the ordering, handling, storage, administration, recording and disposal of drugs
- Review and document care plans on a regular basis
- Positively promote the home
- Participate in an on-call system to support the nurse in charge
- Participate in recruitment, supervision and training of staff
- Report all compliments , comments and complaints
- Complying with all legal and regulatory policies and procedures
- Promoting choice, independence, dignity and respect
- Adhering to the NMC Code and updating your professional knowledge
To be successful in this Staff Nurse - RGN or RMN role you will need:
- To be a registered nurse, ( RGN OR RMN ) and hold a current registration with NMC.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of nursing theory and best practice.
- Experience of providing direct personal and social support (experience of working with people who have physical and/or learning disabilities would be advantageous).
- To be able to work flexibly within rostered hours and participate in the on-call rota as required.