Deputy Manager / Clinical Lead - RGN - Halifax, West Yorkshire - £18.50 per hour
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Do you want the chance to use and grow your skills and knowledge while making a difference to society? Or want to be part of a leading organisation which positively impacts on the lives of disabled people across the world?
If so… this company will offer you the chance to become part of a great team!
This vacancy is based in the Halifax, West Yorkshire area. The company is the leader provider in enriching the lives of disabled people. They offer an environment where you can work with great leaders and be part of a team who are passionate making a positive impact on the lives of disabled people.
You will have opportunities to learn and grow in your role, building your skills and knowledge in partnership with others.
The benefits of this Deputy Manager / Clinical Lead - RGN role include:
- Fair and competitive pay rates.
- Contributory company pension scheme with competitive life cover benefit.
- Substantial and flexible annual leave, with the option to buy or sell, depending on needs (salary sacrifice).
- Access to cash health plan at very favourable rates.
- Access to cycle-to-work benefits (salary sacrifice).
- Access to child-care vouchers (salary sacrifice).
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme.
About the role of Deputy Manager / Clinical Lead - RGN:
- Supporting the Service Manager in the day to day operation of the service, you will deputise as directed in their absence and be responsible for the direct supervision and line-management of staff.
- Monitoring, maintaining and providing the highest standards of clinical & personal support and service delivery, while promoting independence and choice to the customers
To be successful in this Deputy Manager / Clinical Lead - RGN role you will need:
- Have a relevant RGN, RN Qualification and currently registered with the NMC
- A level of professional development (this may include level 5 leadership in health and social care qualification)
- To have experience of providing direct personal and social care.
- To have experience of managing a team of support staff.
- To have experience of working with customers who have physical and/or learning disabilities.
- To be able to work flexibly in accordance with rostered hours. (shorter shifts are available)