RGN - Deputy Manager - 81 Bedded Service - York, North Yorkshire - Salary up to £39,200 per annum
Working Hours: 44 hours per week
I am currently recruiting for an experienced Registered Deputy Manager, a Registered General Nurse ( RGN ) to join a well-respected and regarded Private Nursing Home in York, North Yorkshire.
The company is one of regions most respected providers of private health care. The company provides care to patients with various conditions, they specialize in elderly care.
They have a long standing reputation for excellence with patients, families, community and professionals, and has been widely recognized with awards and accolades.
The benefits of this RGN - Deputy Manager role include:
- Competitive salary
- Career development
- A contributory pension scheme
As a RGN - Deputy Manager, your main duties will include:
- Managing Care Provision
- Assist in auditing Care plans to ensure best practice is followed.
- Act at all times in line with NMC Code of Professional Conduct (if applicable).
- Ensure Care Quality Commission standards are met for Service Users.
- Responsible for monitoring the state of wellbeing of each resident, being aware of any change impacting on care and care plans, ensuring that new needs are met and written records are amended to reflect any variation.
- Assist in managing the catering function to ensure suitable meals are served and dietary requirements are met.
- Management & Administration
- Support the Manager in the implementation of all policies, procedures and business objectives. To become knowledgeable and competent in managing the Home.
- Maintain effective communications with the Home Manager; ensure clear and concise handover reports are given to all staff
- Ensure any accidents or incidents are properly recorded and reported
- Prepare the staff duty rota to ensure appropriate staffing levels at all times.
- Assist with managing the administration, care, catering, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance functions of the home.
- Liase with the Home Manager across the range of operational activity to be able to assume responsibility for managing the Home during the manager's scheduled and unscheduled absences.
- Contribute fully to team working, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
- Advise on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Manage, monitor and maintain budgets for the Care Home
- Attend all relevant staff meetings.
- HR, Training & Development
- Adhere to all HR policies and procedures
- Conduct Appraisals and provide supervision to staff, ensuring all documentation is completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of new staff members in line with the recruitment policy.
- Assist the Home Manager to monitor and control sickness absence in line with company policy.
- Ensure all staff are aware of safeguarding and whistleblowing policies.
- Assist in disciplinary and grievance procedures as required.
- Plan and organise staff training, maintain training records.
- Attend and participate in relevant training sessions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal development.
- You may be required to perform other duties within your capacity, according to the needs of the business.
As a RGN - Deputy Manager, you will have:
- Experience in a similar setting
- A RGN qualification
- Current registration with the NMC and a legal right to work in the UK