Custody Nurse - RGN or RMN - Police Station - Peterborough - £22 - £26 per hour
We are looking for experienced nurses who are able to work ad hoc shifts at Peterborough Police Station.
You can choose to work days, weekends or nights depending on what suits your needs. Rates of pay will vary for weekend and night shifts.
As a Custody Nurse, you will work with a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the utilisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
Experience as a registered nurse is required for this role with an A&E, custody or practice nursing background.
Responsibilities of a Custody Nurse - RGN or RMN - Police Station:
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed and charged: competent to understand charge
- Determination to transfer, or be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Examination and forensic sampling of adult suspects of serious crime
- To carry out examinations in accordance with G4S medical capital services guidelines
- All police calls should be attended without delay
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To treat the detained person as a patient and make clear that no evidence can be treated in 'confidence'
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience of a Custody Nurse - RGN or RMN - Police Station:
- Registered General Nurse with post qualification experience.
- A current registration with the NMC
- Ability to take blood samples
- Experience in an autonomous/lone working role
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly (next day payments)
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of nursing positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free mandatory renewal training
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.