Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Secure Training Centre - Milton Keynes - £22 - £26 per hour
We are looking for experienced nurses who are able to work ad hoc shifts at Oakhill Secure Training Centre. You can choose to work days, weekends or nights depending on what suits your needs. Rates of pay will vary for weekend and night shifts.
You will work with a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the utilisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
Previous experience as a prison nurse and prison clearance is required for this role.
Responsibilities of a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Secure Training Centre:
- Provide health and social care to offenders to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to ensure the delivery of an effective and appropriate health service.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of offenders in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the prison environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence.
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct and policies and procedures and adhering to legislation and best practice
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience of a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Secure Training Centre:
- Registered General Nurse with post qualification experience.
- Prison clearance
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly (next day payments)
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Access to a wide selection of nursing positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free mandatory renewal training
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.