Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN or RMN - Shropshire, West Midlands - £20 - £25 per hour
Days: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm. Part time candidates are considered.
I am currently looking for an experienced Substance Misuse Nurse with extensive experience in the treatment and support of adults engaged in detoxification and rehabilitation from drug or alcohol addictions.
Our client is looking for someone to start immediately. The role is 2 - 3 weeks in duration, with the possibility for extension. The role is located in Shropshire.
As a Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN or RMN, your main duties will include:
- Maintain and deliver the safe and effective administration of medication and physical treatments to clients; whilst supporting non-clinical staff to undertake the safe and effective administration of medication
- Undertake physical health care assessments for all clients and develop responsive clinical care plans and harm reduction education for all clients to secure excellent physical health improvement
- Monitor vital client observations during critical detox phases of treatment and provide a responsive clinical risk management plan for core support staff to administer
- Support, advise and guide non-clinical support staff in the delivery of personal care and basic nursing activities
- Conduct wound care assessments and undertake basic wound care and dressings where appropriate; liaising closely with external wound care specialist to establish excellent continuation of care post discharge
- Conduct assessments of physical dependency using a symptomatic withdrawal scales, using results to determine safe induction to substitute treatments as required
- Liaise closely with the company prescribing clinicians to develop and implement effective prescribing and treatment regimens for clients in care
- Raise awareness in the team to deliver treatment and education in relation to blood borne viruses, their transmission, treatment and the significance of infection; also providing vaccination service to those at risk and coordinating the onward referral of those diagnosed with a blood borne virus.
- Utilise psychosocial intervention, in both one-to-one and group settings to promote engagement in treatment services and ownership of Recovery Planning.
- Ensure that the agreed quality and regulatory objectives, including CQC, are met by prioritising, planning and organising own workload.
- Monitor and audit the effective management of stored medications, medical care stocks and relevant care equipment and disposables
- Manage the effective receipt and disposal of key medicines received from pharmacy
- Provide accurate information and reports to support the corporate clinical governance of the service when required by the Senior Management Board and Registered Manager
- Maintain accurate, compliant and legible client care records, including high quality clinical care records.
The successful Substance Misuse Nurse - RGN or RMN must have:
- A recognised nursing qualification (RGN/RMN) and a valid NMC Registration to practice
- Working experience of clients who have a dependency to drugs or alcohol and/or significant mental health conditions
- Experience of effective and safe clinical detoxification regimes for clients undertaking drug or alcohol detoxification
- Flu vaccines, BLA and anaphylaxis training up to date
- A Valid UK Driving Licence or access to suitable alternative transport method
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of nursing positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free nurse training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.