Senior Occupational Therapist - Elderly rehab - Tower Hamlets - Band 7 - £26.61-33.85 Pan London
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the elderly rehabilitation team with one of our NHS clients based in Tower Hamlets
The successful Occupational Therapist will have Band 7 or supervision NHS experience in continuing care which includes elderly care, end of life care, dementia, seating and disability management, as well as acute hospital settings as support may be required on the acute wards from time to time.
The team provides Occupational Therapy rehabilitation within the rehabilitation units to provide continuous care. The caseload is mainly older adults so experience of this patient base is essential.
As a Band 7 the successful Occupational Therapist will be supervising a small team of 2 Band 5'S, 2 Rehab support workers and 3 Band 3 therapists.
The hours for this role would be 8-4 or 830-430 whichever is preferable.
The role is to start as soon as possible.
Benefits of the role…
- Opportunity to work within a supportive multidisciplinary team of therapists, clinicians and social workers
- Complex caseload
- Ongoing requirement with no fixed end date
- Easily accessible on public transport and no car required
- Opportunity to coach and mentor therapists and therapy students
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The successful therapist will have experience of…
- Supervision/Band 7 NHS experience
- Knowledge and experience of acute environments
- Inpatient rehabilitation
- Older adults
- Developing a rehabilitation programmes to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Discharge planning
- Goal setting
- General medical conditions
- End of life care
- Seating and disability management
- Knowledge of community services and referral processes
- Liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
- Writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
- Organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
As an Occupational Therapist, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many other high street stores with My Liquid Rewards
- Many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements direct from Liquid
- Excellent referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed referral