Practice Nurse - Band 5 - Ministry of Defence (MOD) - Bovington Camp, Dorset - £23 per hour
Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday
We are currently looking for Band 5 Practice Nurses to work at the Bovington Camp in Dorset.
The contracts are initially for 3 months, however are generally extended. You will work Monday - Friday in this young and positive environment.
As a Band 5 Practice Nurse, you will be responsible to the Senior Medical Officer and/or Lead/ Senior Nurse and provide routine clinics to meet the need of the Population at Risk (PAR).
Previous experience as a Practice Nurse is required for this role.
Responsibilities of a Practice Nurse - Band 5 - Ministry of Defence:
- You will be responsible for the delivery of basic practice nursing services care to the practice population.
- Supported by senior nurses, you will deliver care within the boundaries of your role, focusing upon supporting patients to be healthy, monitoring of long-term conditions, health prevention and screening activities.
- You will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures, and providing nurse leadership as required.
- Assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes to promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects on health and well-being
- Implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with a known long-term condition
- Identify, and manage as appropriate, treatment plans for patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
- Prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including initiation of effective emergency care
- Support patients to adopt health promotion strategies that encourage patients to live healthily, and apply principles of self-care
- Provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimens, side effects and interactions
- Assess and care for patients presenting with uncomplicated wounds
- Recognise, assess and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the National Framework (NSF) for Mental Health
- Assist senior practitioners in providing minor-surgery sessions
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience for the successful Practice Nurse - Band 5 - Ministry of Defence:
- Must be Registered Nurse (A) Level 1 nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and hold a valid and in date Personal Identification Number (PIN) with no restriction of practice.
- Must hold current, valid personal medical indemnity insurance.
- Must have satisfactory previous experience at Band 5 in a Primary Health Care setting within the last 3 years.
- Must have post registration experience in Primary Health Care practice.
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly (next day payments)
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of nursing positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free mandatory renewal training
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.