Practice Nurse - Band 6 - Ministry of Defence (MOD) - RAF - Waddington, Nottinghamshire - £25 per hour
Hours: Full time, Monday - Friday
We are currently looking for Nurses who would be available to work Monday - Friday for the Ministry Of Defence at the RAF Waddington base in Nottinghamshire. The role is initially for 3-6 months.
Previous experience as a Practice Nurse is required for this role.
As a Band 6 Practice Nurse, you will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary primary healthcare team delivering Primary Health Care (PHC) services. You will responsible to the Senior Doctor or Lead Nurse and provide routine clinics to meet the need of the Population at Risk (PAR).
Responsibilities of a Practice Nurse - Band 6 - Ministry of Defence (MOD) - RAF:
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary primary healthcare team, under the Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) organisation, delivering Primary Health Care (PHC) services and elements of Occupational Health to military personnel.
- To be responsible to the Senior Medical Officer and/or Lead Nurse, providing routine PHC clinics to meet the need of the Population at Risk (PAR).
- To be involved in the development of programmes of care/service delivery within their scope of practice, including the ability to perform audits and conduct electronic searches, to meet the demands of the PAR.
- If acting as the Lead Nurse, contribute to the line management and clinical supervision of other Practice Nurses/untrained personnel where appropriate within the treatment area and ensure they work within their scope of practice.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate clinical care of patients autonomously in the provision of nurse led clinics, including communication with senior clinicians, outside agencies and disciplines as required.
- To utilise Information Systems (IS) to interrogate/support clinical audit/service evaluations.
- To undertake/remain in date for all mandatory training as set out in the most current DPHC Guidance Note entitled Mandatory Training for Locums, Agency Staff and single Service personnel working within DPHC.
- If appropriate as determined by the Line Manager, to undertake/ complete training in Patient Group Directives (PGDs) and Patient Specific Directions (PSDs).
Essential requirements / Qualifications / Experience as a Practice Nurse - Band 6 - Ministry of Defence (MOD) - RAF:
- Must be Registered Nurse registered with the NMC
- Must have satisfactory previous experience in a Primary Health Care setting within the last 3 years.
- Must have post registration experience
- Be eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly (next day payments)
- Twice weekly payroll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of nursing positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free mandatory renewal training
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.