Senior Occupational Therapist - Paediatrics - Luton - £30-£32 depending on experience
We are currently looking for a children's Occupational Therapist to join the children's community care team with one of our social services clients in Luton. As a senior occupational therapist you will be required to advise, guide and assist team members and other professionals to support best practice.
The successful Occupational Therapist will be providing a specialist assessment service for Children within Luton with substantial physical disabilities dealing with complex cases of vulnerable/at risk children with a disability. in accordance with relevant legislation and department eligibility criteria.
The Paediatric Occupational Therapist will be working together with services users to formulate a plan to enhance their independence either by rehabilitation, equipment or home adaptations. The needs of the carer will also be carefully considered. Experience at a senior level within paediatrics is desireable, as well as experience of holding a complex caseload.
A car driver or access to your own vehichle is essential for this post.
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- Ability to work well as part of a team Ability to advise, guide, assist & support team members
- To visit children with complex disabilities in their own homes and carry out needs led assessments and reviews of their functional needs and environmental difficulties, taking into account the needs of carers and other family members.
- To arrange for the provision of equipment and minor adaptations that will meet the service users needs and give instructions on use of the equipment to both user and carers.
- To prepare and revise care plans in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To make referrals as appropriate for carers assessments and to other specialist agencies both in-house and externally.
- To assess for and make written recommendations to the housing department to support service users' applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, housing adaptations and re-housing needs.
- To make written recommendations to Housing Associations for adaptations
- To keep accurate records and case notes of all work carried out, using the department's policy, procedure and standards on case work recording.
- To ensure confidentiality of service users' information.
- To produce reports on the functional needs of service users
- To access appropriate assistance where language difficulties present problems in care management.
- To advise OT Team Manager about any trends or emergency issues that may impact upon the delivery of service.
- The post-holder must at all times carry out their duties with due regard to the Council's Equal Opportunity and Customer Care and Best Value Policies
As an Occupational Therapist you must have:
- A HCPC registration
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of allied health positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each Allied Health Professional you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy