Senior Occupational Therapist - Continuing Care - Westminster - Band 7 - £25.33-27.6 - Pan London
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join the continuing care team with one of our NHS clients based in Westminster.
The successful Occupational Therapist will ideally have Band 7 NHS experience in continuing care which includes elderly care, end of life care, dementia, seating and disability management. It would be beneficial to be trained in System One and have a SMART card.
The team provides Occupational Therapy rehabilitation within the rehabilitation units to provide continuous care. The caseload is mainly older adults so experience of this patient base is desirable. Knowledge of community services and the referral process will also be beneficial for this role.
The hours for this role are 9-17:00 over 4 days, so flexible working would be considered.
The role is to start as soon as possible, and the trust are not actively recruiting for the role so is likely to be a long term position.
Benefits of the role…
- Opportunity to work within a supportive multidisciplinary team of therapists, clinicians and social workers
- Complex caseload
- Ongoing requirement with no fixed end date
- Easily accessible on public transport and no car required
- Opportunity to coach and mentor therapists and therapy students
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
The successful therapist will have experience of…
- Developing a rehabilitation programmes to help rebuild lost skills and restore lost confidence
- Discharge planning
- Goal setting
- General medical conditions
- Post surgical positions
- Elderly care
- End of life care
- Seating and disability management
- Knowledge of community services and referral processes
- Desirable: Training in SystemOne
- Liaising with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as patients' families, carers and employers
- Writing reports and attending multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment.
- Organising support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients
As an Occupational therapist, you MUST be:
- HCPC registered
- Eligible to work in the UK
Why Liquid Personnel?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many other high street stores with My Liquid Rewards
- Many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements direct from Liquid
- Excellent referral scheme - £200 for each successfully placed referral