Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN - Secure Training Centre - Rainsbrook, Rugby - Up to £24 per hour
I am currently looking for a Prison Nurse ( RGN or RMN ) to work within a Secure Training Centre in Rainsbrook, Rugby.
To provide care for the physical and mental health needs of Trainees in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide health and social care to trainees to ensure a professional service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards, including security instructions.
- Undertake assessments of trainees to identify physical and mental health needs and determine the appropriate level of intervention, care and management.
- To work predominantly within own area of specialism but to operate as part of a team delivering generic primary care services.
- Provide professional advice and support to allied health professionals and non-clinical staff to ensure the effective health and social care of trainees in line with current best practice.
- Coach, support and supervise healthcare staff, as required, to develop their skills in line with professional standards and current best practice as appropriate.
- Promote an understanding of, and develop health and social care services within the STC setting environment to maximise personal well-being and promote independence
- Promotion of a positive health, safety and infection control culture to maintain a safe environment for all stakeholders.
- Administer medications in accordance with professional standards
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Engage where appropriate in the selection, training and development of healthcare professionals and other related staff, in conjunction with appropriate others.
- Operate in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
As a Prison Nurse - RGN or RMN, you must have/be:
- Part 1 NMC registration
- Experience of working within a team
- Able to demonstrate a high level of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
Desirable Skills for this role:
- Evidence of further development of own clinical practice
- Experience of working within a secure environment Degree level qualification or above
- Hold a Nurse Prescriber qualification
- Hold a Nurse Practitioner qualification
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- New 'Faster Pay' service getting you paid more quickly
- Twice Weekly Pay Roll
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of social work positions across the UK
- Networking opportunities at numerous candidate events
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £250 for each nurse you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus get £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Free social work training events and CPD webinars
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.