Senior Occupational Therapist - Learning disabilities - Adult Social Services - Kingston - £34ph
We are currently looking for an experienced Occupational therapist to join the Adults Community Learning Disabilities team within Kingston. The role encompasses the assessment and rehabilitation of service users who have learning disabilities within Kingston.
The successful occupational therapist will have experience within a local authority and be able to engage in valued and meaningful activity to promote the physical and mental health and the general wellbeing of people with learning disabilities
- Using specialist skills in area of Learning Disabilities to assess and implement individual occupational therapy plans, establish treatment goals and plan occupational therapy intervention in consultation with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and other services as appropriate
- Administering specialist occupational therapy standardised assessments
- Providing specialist clinical advice to clients with learning disabilities, families and carers, being able to communicate complex information with empathy and reassurance
- Joint working with the BLDS integrated health and social care team, including input into a multidisciplinary assessments and joint treatment approaches
- Participate in the MDT Care pathways such as Challenging behaviours and Complex Care
- Keeping accurate and adequate records and ensuring that confidentiality is maintained in line with professional and local guidance and standards
- Carrying out home and clinic visits, liaising with families or carers and writing reports and discharge summaries as needed
- Taking into account the latest evidence-based practice and published research
- Working in line with national Trust and local standards, protocols and procedure
- Collaborative and consultative working with mainstream services to improve access to mainstream health services for people with learning disability
Benefits of the role…
- Excellent Pay Rates
- 3 month contract
- Role to start ASAP
- Full time hours
- Joining a collaboratively and friendly multidisciplinary team
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free access to our online training and CPD portal (worth £500 a year)
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with "My Liquid Rewards"
- Access to many exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Personalised job alerts tailored to your requirements
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each allied health professional you refer who we successfully place
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy