Occupational Therapist - Band 6 - Dementia care - Colchester - Part time - £24-£25ph
We are currently looking for a Band 6 Occupational Therapist to join dementia and frailty wards of one of our NHS clicents in Colchester.
The successful Occupational Therapist will work as a senior member of the multidisciplinary day treatment to provide delivery of specialist Occupational Therapy assessments and interventions across the dementia and frailty wards.
It will be required that the successful Occupational Therapist is able to manage a caseload of clients with complex needs, in accordance with Trust clinical pathways; you will provide effective, tailored, evidence based occupational therapy to service users. In doing so, using goal setting and interventions focused on re-engagement in self-care, productivity and leisure activities, and promoting health, wellbeing and independence.
Part time 22.5 hours- flexibility on days worked
Benefits of the role…
- 3 month initial contract-
- Working in a proactive and collaborative team
- Fast paced environment
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £200 for each Occupational Therapist you refer who we successfully place
- Your own dedicated personal recruitment advisor with extensive sector knowledge
- To carry out comprehensive and specialist assessments as part of the MDT integrated assessment of service users
- To plan and implement treatment
- To evaluate and review treatment plans
- To use appropriate outcome measures
- To develop, coordinate, regularly review and contribute to a MDT programme of therapeutic activities for service users that is evidence based and responsive to need
- To evaluate the assessment of service users responses to activities in accordance with agreed models of practice e.g. MOHO.
- To provide specialist advice and support to service users, carers and other disciplines
- To provide specialist OT advice on equipment, telecare etc. to other disciplines
- To assess for and provide equipment
- To lead in induction of staff and fieldwork education of students
- To plan and prioritise own and team patient workload as required
- To carry out any other additional duties in accordance with requirements of clinical area and band
Why Liquid Healthcare?
- Free training resources covering all your annual mandatory training requirements
- Discounts on groceries, clothing and many high street stores with “My Liquid Rewards”
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available from other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive sector knowledge
- Access to a wide selection of allied health positions across the UK
- “Refer a Friend” bonus - get £200 for each Allied Health Professional you refer who we successfully place
- “Find your own job” bonus - get £200 for bringing your own position to us
- Twice weekly payroll
Liquid Healthcare and Liquid HC is the healthcare division of Liquid Personnel Ltd.
Liquid Personnel is an equal opportunities employer. Liquid Personnel Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy